Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April 21-27 Training

Monday: 7.9 miles (6:33); 6.3 miles (7:04)

Tuesday: 5.3 miles (6:36); 6.5 miles with 4x.15 on/.35 off. Only did four instead of eight because my legs were getting worn out.  I thought I was going slowly but I was running sub 4:10 pace, with a nice tailwind behind me. 

Wednesday: 4.6 miles (6:29); 9.3 miles (6:27)

Thursday: Day Off. Forgot my running clothes, so lunch time was out.  After school I had running club, then had to pick up/drop-off my kids, then go to PT, then go to the expo, then head to Waffle House and then to the store for some baby food.  Didn't get home until 15.5 hours after leaving.

Friday: 5.3 miles (6:32); 6.3 miles with 4xpick-ups (6:38)

Saturday: 27 miles with Country Music Marathon in 2:25:52. Even though it wasn't a race, I'll probably make an in-depth post on it.  Started off with the half-marathoners and was clicking off 5:20-5:25 (no watch, but that's 5k/10k splits told me).  They broke away after 10 miles, and then I was on my own.  Hit halfway in 1:11:00 (wanted to run 2:25:59), so I put on the brakes some.  Things got a little more difficult the last 8 miles or so and I had to keep my focus. Took a wrong turn in the last mile, so I would have run a few seconds faster.  Hip didn't hurt and I felt decent when I crossed the line.  I think the early fatigue in the race was due to my body/muscles not being ready for this. 

Sunday: 3 miles. Random runs with my school kids at the Kids Run.  Now, my knee hurts.  Go figure.

Week Total: 81.5 miles. Not a bad volume week with a day off and a three miler.  Hopefully this knee thing doesn't drag on now since I had some low-key races planned.  If I don't get my year's supply of Chick Fil A this weekend, I'm going to be heartbroken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment