Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March 24th-30th Training

Monday: 9.6 miles (6:51); 5.4 miles (7:05)

Tuesday: 10.1 miles (6:33); 6.1 miles with 4xhill blasts (6:58)

Wednesday: 1 mile (7:40). Was going to do one of my favorite long speed workouts: 4800m, 4000m, 3200m but my hip was absolutely killing me.

Thursday: 3.3 miles (6:47). Went to the doctor and he said it was Greater trochanter pain syndrome.  He injected some Lidocaine in the area I thought it hurt in, and he wanted me to run a little bit to make sure he injected in the right spot. I guess it was because the run didn't hurt at all.  But he also found some calcification around a tendon and stabbed it to death with a needle 50 times or so.  I was getting more sore as the day went on and at night, couldn't walk at all. And I know I can be whiny, but this absolutely killed.

Friday: No runnin. Just limping.

Saturday: No running. Same as above, Slightly less limping though.

Sunday: No running. Still gimping.

Week Total: 30.4 miles. Game over for this season. Hopefully I can run soon.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about this Scott. I hope you have a speedy recovery and get back into it soon. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Hopefully I'll be jogging by the end of the week. If I can't run soon, I'll be better suited towards sumo wrestling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Scott, I met you at the Gate River Run. I was the guy in Newton's. Tried to post on your GRR blog last week but I didn't see my comment register. Sorry to hear about the injury. On the bright side, you are lucky the diagnosis happened so fast so you could deal with it and get back to racing soon. Best of luck for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Peter. I was hoping to get back to running this week but I think it's going to take a while. I hope your spring training and racing goes well!

    ReplyDelete