Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

July 22nd-28th Training

Monday: 8.5 miles (6:48); 5.6 miles (6:55)

Tuesday: 6.8 miles (7:35); 8.6 miles with 4x60m sprints. Legs were trashed, so instead of doing hill blasts, I did standing start sprints on the track with 340m jog rest.  The principle with hills and track is the same but the hills are better for developing power/strength and the track is better for raw speed/turnover. 

Wednesday: 10.6 miles with 8 miles medium. Did two of my 3.95 loops again with a .1 mile sprint at the end.  Averaged 5:35 pace with lap splits of 22:34 (5:47, 5:42, 5:45, 5:20) and 22:13 (5:29, 5:32, 5:39, 5:08). Misery Index was 10 degrees cooler than last week (144), which helped a good bit.  My first lap was slower than last week, which I think is a result of the slightly cooler weather.  With medium efforts and slower, I've found that I get rolling a little more quickly in hotter weather, most likely due to my muscles getting warmed up much more quickly. But this session felt much smoother than last time and I wasn't dreading the finish like last week; 6.6 miles (7:00ish)

Thursday: 8.3 miles (6:52); 7 miles (6:45)

Friday: 10 miles (6:56); 4.5 miles with 4xhill blasts (7:01)

Saturday: 12.2 miles with 4 mile race.  Ran the Goodlettsville Classic for the fourth year in a row.  Ricky Lupp wanted me to pace him through the first mile in 5:15 and then work down from there.  I took him out a little too fast in 5:04 and slowly broke away the rest of the way running 5:04, 5:00 and 5:05 for the next three miles to finish in 20:13. I felt really smooth and kept it right around tempo effort.  Normally I run positive splits on this course, with a slow last mile, so today was a good sign; 3.1 miles (7:30)

Sunday: 20.1 miles (6:11).  I reversed my normal 20ish mile route so I could get the flatter side first and then run over some rolling hills and a long downhill finish at the end, after my legs get pretty fatigued.  Felt really good on this run and was rolling low 6:00s a few miles in.  The hills were a little bit tough and my legs felt a litlte banged up at the end, but overall, I felt really smooth and was happy I didn't have any fatigue from yesterday.  Of course the mid 50s dew point helped as well.

Week Total=111.9 miles. I thought this would be my last backsliding week but I feel like I'm slowly getting my fitness back now.  For the first half of the week, my hamstrings were insanely tight and I was pretty trashed on Monday and Tuesday.  I also had some insomnia during the week, which always happens for a few dayswhen I ramp up the training some and my body breaks down faster than expected.  I also got my yearly physical this week and since it's free, I try to add as many things to the blood test as I can.  Iron Panel=ok; TSH=ok; Vitamin D=ok; Testosterone=LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment