Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Netflix Movie Wednesday

Summer has finally arrived and instead of being a bum, I've been busier than ever and even had run-in with some virus that put me on my butt and will put a crimp in my weekly mileage this week.

A ton of people love Netflix for its documentaries.  I'm not a big fan of a lot of them, especially ones that try and argue a point or prove something.  They are way too biased and only show the evidence that supports a claim, rather than looking at all sides of an issue to find the real truth.  But sports documentaries are rarely political and a few weeks ago, I started getting into the ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries.

The idea behind 30 for 30, was to commemorate ESPN's 30th anniversary, by producing 30 films from some of today's finest directors. Each filmmaker brought their passion and personal point of view to each film, detailing the issues, trends, athletes, teams, rivalries, games and events that transformed the sports landscape from 1979 to 2009 (yeah, I copied that).

There are currently a ton of them on Netflix and I've enjoyed all of the ones I've seen, even if I had no prior interest in the athlete/team/city/whatever.  So if you're a documentary lover, sports buff or just want to see a good inside look, any one of them would be a good pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment