Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Saucony Grid Type A5

For the past 1.5 years, the Saucony Grid Type A4 has been the favorite shoe in my rotation.  I use it for all of my races, my fast workouts and if I'm training for a marathon, I'll use it during my long runs as well.  I reviewed it in one of my blog posts last year but in a nutshell, it's a 6.3 ounce running/racing shoe with a 4mm drop.  For it's lightweight, it has a surprising amount of cushioning, yet is also responsive as well.  I still have two "alive" pairs, with one of them having over 600 miles on them with plenty of living still in them.

Saucony  Men's Type A5
Last year, Saucony updated the shoe and renamed it the A5. The A5's kept the same exact outsole, but shaved off half of an ounce off the upper, which means a lighter shoe, without losing any cushioning or support.  From the get-go, I was a huge fan of the A5.  While the upper of the A4 was a bit snug for my wide hobbit feet, Saucony added FlexFlim to the A5 upper, which allows for a more comfortable and "stretchy" fit.  Another change that I liked is that the tongue on the A5 is longer than A4, which keeps the shoelace knot in place.

Saucony  Men's Type A5

The A5 has turned into my new favorite shoe and with so many colors to choose from, I will be sure to stock up.  If you are looking for a new racing flat, or shoe for faster workouts, you should definitely give the A5 a look.

Saucony  Men's Type A5

1 comment: