Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

June 26th-May 1st Training

Monday: 10.1 miles with 10k in 34:18.  Was going to shoot for sub 32 if I was feeling good, but after about a thousand meters, I was huffing and puffing, so I wasn't feeling it.  Just ran a moderate type effort and outkicked some dude with headphones at the end.

Tuesday: 9.2 miles (6:48). First run at over 10k feet; 3.9 miles (7:37)

Wednesday:3. miles (7:39); 4.7 miles (7:21). Back in Tennessee. 

Thursday: 6.8 miles (6:55); 5.4 miles (7:10)

Friday: 10 miles (7:01)

Saturday: 8 miles with 5k in 17:25. Hot and super hilly.  Just ran hard enough to win because there was good money. 3.4 miles (7:210

Sunday: 3.3 miles (6:46). Was going for 15 miles but felt bad from the start.  Was huffing and puffing and was seeing spots everywhere.  Stopped and walked for a few minutes, then jogged back home feeling like garbage.  Who knows?

Week Total: 67.6 miles. Bad week of training but at least Colorado was fun.  I've felt really weak and drained for about two weeks now, so I'll get a blood test on Monday to make sure everything looks ok.  I haven't had my iron tested since February, so that could be a possibility.  I'm also really struggling in the heat.  I'd much rather run at altitude than in the heat and humidity here.  Next week, I'll shoot for closer to 90ish and hopefully feel a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment