Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

June 2nd-8th Training

Monday:  9.5 miles (6:39); 5.5 miles (7:00)

Tuesday: 6.8 miles (6:57); 5.4 miles strides (6:55)

Wednesday: 10.6 miles (6:40); 3.7 miles (7:12)

Thursday: 6.2 miles (7:18); 5.4 miles (7:25)

Friday: 6.8 miles (7:12); 3.4 miles (7:14)

Saturday: 16.6 miles with half-marathon in 1:22:58. Ran with the leader and slowly pulled away around eleven miles.  Super hilly and humid but felt smooth. A pack of cyclists went by on the other side of the road and one of them said "that's the guy who won the marathon" and then another cyclists said "no, he's faster than that."

Sunday: 6.8 miles (6:55); 3.4 miles (7:17)

Week Total= 90.1 miles. Was absolutely dragging during the first part of the week...getting in really long naps, when I normally don't take them and strides felt like track repeats.  Went for a blood test Wednesday and my hemoglobin/hematocrit and RBC's were a ton lower than it normally is.  My t3 was really low and my TSH was also by the far the highest I've ever seen it. But my iron panel was fine and my testosterone was the highest I've ever seen it and was almost double what it is when I'm training really hard.  Guess it shows endurance training doesn't make you very manly.  I'm going for a retest this Wednesday, started  taking some extra iron and hopefully that will fix the thyroid as well since it requires iron to do its job.

On the bright side, I've really cleaned up my eating because it's easy to gain weight with a slow thyroid. I used to get probably at least 30% of my calories from junk and it's definitely under 10% now.  I've even been eating fruits and vegetables.

Next week, will be a little more volume.  I'll probably just spend the next few weeks doing nothing but easier runs and jump in a 5k in couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment