Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

February 17th-23rd Training

Monday: 6.3 miles (7:09)

Tuesday: 6 miles (7:03); 10 miles (6:19)

Wednesday: 5 miles (6:49); 14.1 miles with 10 miles of alternating 1/2 mile fast with 1/2 mile moderate in 51:10 (5:07 total average and 4:55 and 5:18 segments average). Was dreading this one but got started really quickly and had trouble slowing down, especially on the moderate portions.  I debated speeding up the fast parts but since I don't have to be in shape until April, I decided to keep it cool. Felt really strong at the end and never had to force the pace at all.  Faster than when I ran this in mid November, when I had some company with me.  I'm better shape than I thought but am still pretty rusty.

Thursday: 8 miles (6:34); 7 miles (6:47)

Friday: 5 miles (6:46); 10.5 miles with 4 miles tempo in 19:46 (4:56 average). Legs were beat up on Thursday and felt pretty heavy and flat from the start of this.  Only had a 1.49 second range from my fastest to slowest mile but I had to stay focused on the pace the entire time, with the last mile being a little tough.  A little frustrated I had trouble with this pace but I'm not sharp and ran pretty hard 48 hours ago.  I debated doing a couple .3 mile gradual hill repeats afterwards, but knew it would be too much.

Saturday: 6.8 miles (7:23); 5.5 miles (7:15)

Sunday: 26.6 miles with Cowtown Marathon in 2:35:05.  Anyone under 2:36 split a 25k purse and 27 of us did, so I got a little bit of money.  Felt really smooth and effortless with a two pee stops and a two mile cool down at the end. Fun race but I'll write a recap later.

Week Total: 110.8 miles. Decent week I guess.  Feel about a month away from being in shape but I'll get there.  I have three weeks until Gate River so I'll do some workouts this week to get semi-ready for that.  I'm on a pretty decent team for the race and right now am probably in the worst shape out of the three of us.  So the pressure is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment