Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

March 18th-24th Training

Monday: 5.9 miles (6:53); 5.6 miles (7:10)

Tuesday: 10.2 miles (6:24);  7 miles with 8xhill blasts (7:23)

Wednesday: 4 miles (6:48); 5.3 miles with a bombed workout.  Plan was 3x4 mile loop at marathon pace, with steady 1k jog recovery in between, followed by 150mish steep sprints down a grass hill.  Winds were super strong and went through the first mile in 5:30, followed by 1/3 of a mile at 5:40 pace before I bagged it.  Super frustrating.

Thursday: 4.3 miles (6:53)

Friday: 5.7 miles (6:48);  9.4 miles (6:44)

Saturday: 8.8 miles with 5k in 15:15.  Didn't know how I would feel.  Course was mostly flat with tons of turns.  Miles were 4:42, 4:56, 5:06.  First mile was sort of tough and could tell I backed off as the race progressed.  Wasn't hard as I thought, which is a good sign I guess; 5.4 miles (7:09)

Sunday: 22.5 miles (7:10ish). Wow, what a terrible long run. Met up with Max Paquette, Lauren Hagans and Dave Milner at Vaughns Gap.  Ran 7:20ish pace or so for about 10 miles than Max and I went to add in more miles.  The plan was to run 2:10, so we ran to Steeplechase, with plans of running the Judicata course and then heading back.  As usual, I got lost several times and added an extra 30 minutes. Felt bad because Max has a marathon in two weeks, oops.  But I felt like crap the second half. I would frequently get dropped on the hills and had to walk for a while shortly after 20.  Got home, felt like crap and had a fever for the rest of the day.

Week Total= 96.1 miles.  Terrible week.  Hopefully I figure out this potential thyroid issue.  I had some big plans for the spring and really don't want to have to end the season yet.  I probably should have taken time off after Houston. Oh well.  Hopefully this week I'll get in some moderate mileage with a steady run or two. I'll try to get some more blood testing as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment