Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Netflix Movie Monday

My first pick for this week would be From Dusk till Dawn.  Great Quentin Tarantino flick (who I'm not normally a big fan of) with some B-movie type action/horror.  There's even George Clooney in there, which serves as good eye candy for the ladies.  But it's a pretty graphic movie, so I can't recommend it officially, in-case you want to watch it with your mother or kids.  But heck, I'll throw a short trailer on here anyway.



So my official pick will be Snatch, which is also one of my favorite movies of all time.  Of course Mary hates it (but has been watching every Christmas flick on TV so far) but I like the storyline, dry humor and action/comedy aspect of it.  It's a Guy Ritchie flick with an ensemble cast staring people like Brad Pitt and Jason Statham.The storyline is completely scramble-brained but basically, you have some Russian gangsters, shady boxing bookies and promoters, dopey busch-league robbers and some Jewish jewelers trying to track down a priceless diamond.  They all become intertwined in some way, unplanned by them.  Not much of a plot summary there but that's really all there is to the movie.  Much like most of my movies on here, you'll either love it or hate it. 

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment