Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Running Shoes Break-In

This is probably common sense to most of you but it's something that I just realized.  If you are like me, you hate breaking in running shoes.  My main shoe of choice, the Saucony Kinvara, doesn't feel good on my feet until at least 200 miles and it hits its sweet-spot around 500.

In the past, I've just sucked it up and tolerated the achey arches and feet for a few weeks until they were broken in.  But recently, I had a eureka moment.  For my short runs (six miles or less), I could wear my newish Kinvaras.  For my longer runs, I would wear my broken-in ones.  By the time my broken-in ones are shot, my short run shoes will be good to go and would be graduated to longer runs  Then, I will get some new short runs shoes.  This idea isn't Nobel Prize worthy, but it's not bad for a P.E. teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment