Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

November 10th-16th Training

Monday: 9 miles (7:04); 6.3 miles (8:07)

Tuesday: 7.9 miles (6:59); 7.6 miles (6:59)

Wednesday: 10.1 miles with 9 mile medium progression. Ran each three mile section in 18:13 (6:04, 6:11, 5:58), 17:07 (5:45, 5:40, 5:42), 15:53 (5:20, 5:16, 5:17).  Felt pretty smooth and had some strong winds but since it was an out and back on only two roads, I had a nice tailwind as well; 6.8 miles (7:20ish)

Thursday: 6.1 miles (7:26); 9 miles (6:40)

Friday: No running. Spent the day traveling and a nap when I arrived seemed more appealing than a run.

Saturday: 19.6 miles with Temecula Half-Marathon in 71:26. The course didn't have certification this year and old faithful marked it as 13.28. Course climbed for four miles, dropped for 6.5 and then climbed the rest of the way.  Ran with Ryan Cosens until about 10.5 miles when I surged some and broke away.  I died on the last mile but was able to hold the victory.  The pace felt really easy on my lungs but my legs never felt good at all and I was flat the entire time.  I guess all of the traveling and racing is catching up with me.

Sunday: No running. Traveled home and sitting on the couch sounded better than running in the pitch black with 35 degrees and raining conditions. 

Week Total: 82.4 miles. Another yo-yo mileage week but not bad for five days of running. And if you take out Sunday, I had 102.4 for the past seven days, with runs on six of those days.  I think all of the traveling and racing is catching up to me, so that's the last long race for a while. Granted I never had a flat out race but running a lot of higher effort and high volume sessions without much of a base catches up with you.



2 comments:

  1. I was wondering about the course when I saw the time, but I also figured it probably was more of a marathon-paced effort. Those last comments about traveling/racing/high volume hard efforts really hit home with me today. Here's to a nice long upcoming stretch of winter training for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It started off really controlled and easy but the last two miles were tough. I think all of the races are in your legs as well and once you freshen up and attack something in a few months, you'll run a big PR.

    ReplyDelete