Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April 4th-10th Training

Monday: 6.1 miles (7:14); 8.2 miles (6:53)

Tuesday: 6.1 miles (7:01); 8.9 miles (7:06)

Wednesday: 9.3 miles with attempted workout. Goal was 20x60s on/off and since my legs felt shot on the warm-up, I decided to use my GPS a bit and run the first five at sub 4:45 pace and drop five seconds after each five. Was able to run the first six intervals successfully and recover well in between even though my hip flexors were completely shot. On the seventh, my legs wouldn't go and I was over 4:50 pace, so I called it a day.  I hate ending stuff so soon, especially when I've been a workout diva lately, but my legs were dead.; 4.4 miles (7:16). Legs were completely shot/crapped out. Worst run in months.

Thursday: 8 miles (7:09). Legs still hated me.  I just wanted to walk. Skipped second run. Started feeling badly in the morning and it got worse as the day went on.  Went to bed at 4:30pm and didn't get out of bed until over 12 hours later. Fever got up to 103.

Friday: No running. Fever at 102-103 all-day and spent the entire day in bed.

Saturday: No running. Fever still at 102-103.  In bed nearly all day.

Sunday: No running. Fever dropped to 100-101.  Felt good enough to get out of bed and watch a little bit of TV but still felt like crap.

Week Total: 51 miles. Never went to the doctor but being I've had it a few times in the past, this had to be the flu....Body aches, a little cough and congestion, eyes really hurt, insanely weak, tons of body chills, etc. Terrible timing and I hope it doesn't affect my marathon in three weeks and now that I think about it, I haven't had any marathon workouts.  Whoops.

Hopefully I can resume some normalcy at the end of next week.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you won't guess what muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that gets rid of joint and back pains, anxiety and burns fat.

    If this "secret" highly powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.

    ReplyDelete