Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April 20-26 Training

Monday: 6.5 miles (6:54); 8.1 miles (6:56)

Tuesday: 8 miles (6:27); 8.2 miles wih 4xhill blasts (7:11)


Wednesday: 10.1 miles with 12x1:00 on/off.  Wanted to run around 3k-5k effort and figured I'd average around 4:30.  But most of them were into the wind and I averaged a little over 4:35 on the fast portions...slower than I would have liked but I recovered well in between and didn't feel like I was redlining or anything; 6.8 miles (7:15)

Thursday: 9.7 miles (6:26); 5.3 miles (7:09)

Friday: No running. Slammed today and spent my running window driving home to look for my wallet, which turned out to be in my car.

Saturday: 26.8 miles with Country Music Marathon in 2:23:33. Goal was to cruise a 2:26 or 2:24, depending on effort.  Was going to open around 71:30-72:00 but a Kenyan showed up, so we got rolling over the hills. He died after 15 miles and I was able to relax a little bit the rest of the way.  I'll do a more extensive recap on this later, but this is a really hilly course and went through halfway just under 1:11.

Sunday: 2.5 miles. Ran 1/2 mile, and two miles with my kids at the Kids Rock run.  This crap counts the day after a marathon.  Left calf tender and right quad is super tight.

Week Total: 92 miles.  Not too bad considering I ran about 90 miles in five days.  I'm pretty pleased that I came out with the win and felt pretty smooth.  After using my completely unscientific homemade running conversion calculator, I feel like I'm in 2:17 shape on a good course, with good weather.  Since I'm  really rusty right now and have done very little marathon work, I'll take it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment