Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 7th-13th Training

Monday: 9.1 miles (7:00); 6.3 miles (7:19)

Tuesday: 8.7 miles (6:47); 6.2 miles with 4xhill blasts at 11.47 average (7:15). Decided to start timing these so I can chart progress; Weights

Wednesday: 9 miles (7:16); 5.6 miles (7:47). Don't know why I ran that so slowly...

Thursday: 9.5 miles (6:42); 6.3 miles with strides (6:59)

Friday: 10.7 miles with 8 mile progression. Goal was three miles each at 19:00, 17:45, 16:30.  Ended up running 18:44, 17:35 and 10:34.  Had to end a little bit early because while the first fast mile wasn't too bad (5:30), I died on the last 1/2 mile on the second mile.  My quads, arms and back were really achy and I was breathing really hard.  Frustrating that I died so quickly and badly, especially at 5:30 pace; 6.8 miles (7:16)

Saturday: 9 miles (6:54). Was going to run again but company came over later in the evening.

Sunday: 3.2 miles (7:24).  Plan was 20 at sub 6:30.  Legs felt tired from the get-go and instead of speeding up, I was slowing down.  After 1.5 miles, I knew I was dead, so I jogged home.  I absolutely hate missing long runs.

Week Total: 90.4 miles. Friday wasn't a confidence booster and Sunday was terrible.  The hematologist took out 10 tubes of blood, so hopefully they can figure out why my hemoglobin is tanking even though I'm taking iron and have ample ferritin.  It's hard to get this stuff in when I'm getting worse and worse.  It takes tons of time and physical and mental energy with no return.  I'm hoping I'm just on a really bad detour that will eventually lead me back onto the main road.  I probably just need to quit running and start an Emo band or something.  At least my weight and eating is good.  I was 143ish after BolderBoulder and I'm now down to 135, which is the lightest I've been since Duluth last year.  My follow-up appointment isn't until next Tuesday so hopefully they will at least upload my blood tests onto Patient Portal.


2 comments:

  1. I can tell it is frustrating, but you'll make it back to where you want to be. Be sure you're not losing weight too fast and that you blood tests are ok. If those things check out, you'll probably just come out of the lull at some point without ever really knowing what happened or why. I'm sure the readers are all rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The readers are definitely rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete