Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

December 9th-15th Training

Monday: 6.3 miles (7:15); 9.8 miles (7:24)

Tuesday: 5.4 miles (7:08); Got sick later in the day...low-grade fever, chills, sweats, sore eyes.  Went to bed at 11am and didn't get out for the rest of the day.

Wednesday: No running.  No fever, but felt pretty weak.

Thursday: No running

Friday: 5.3 miles (7:00ish); In the afternoon, the sickness came back worse than before.  All of Tuesday's symptoms, except more extreme and a fever in the upper 102s.

Saturday: No running.  Felt like death in the morning, so I went to the Express Clinic.  I was expecting it to be the flu but my blood test said it was bacterial.  Was in bed all day after this.

Sunday: No running. In bed most of the day.  Also set the World Record for biggest night sweat because my bed was still wet from last night, as of 5:00pm.  And no, it wasn't pee.

Week Total: 26.8 miles. While I semi-predicted the sickness coming on, I didn't think it would destroy me this bad.  When I had the flu in February, I only missed three days of running but for some reason, this sickness is destroying me.  Losing 100 miles this week, along with two hard workouts is tough but I can bounce back in five weeks.  Hopefully I can get in about 100-120 miles this week with my first quality session on Thursday and then train "normal" the week after that.

I'm also bummed I had to miss the marathon, especially after seeing the results.  But I had some friends run really well there. Alan Watts and Blair Burnette, who I also coach, both ran big PR's (eight minutes and 20 minutes off their old best times), Matt Pulle, won the Masters race in 2:40 and Brian Shelton set a ten minute PR and finished second overall in 2:28.

3 comments:

  1. CRAP! I had a chance to run more miles than you in a week and I blew it.

    Hope you are feeling better and bounce back quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Jackson, all I have to say about that is:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRhEcKHU5LY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you got sick, but as long as this doesn't linger, you'll be alright. You've build up a huge amount of fitness this fall, and that ain't going away by missing a couple days.

    ReplyDelete