Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Netflix Pick of the Week

I've had a Netflix hiatus for the past few weeks.  It's not that I haven't been watching a lot of it, because I have.  Unfortunately, it's been stuff like Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Super Why and lately, Barney.  I tried to get my daughter to watch Phineas and Ferb but she wanted no part of it.  And the worst thing is that Netflix has added a ton of new stuff that I want to see.  I also spend like ten minutes a day stretching/rolling/core stuff now, which is much more than my formerly zero minutes a day.  So current rivals, watch out.

http://momitforward.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Screen-shot-2012-09-23-at-3.08.43-PM.png
Kate's Most Watched Show

Netflix has added one of my top five favorite dramas of all-time, Dexter.  To be ranked, a show has to be completely over, since shows can go from freaking awesome, to a steaming pile of crap (The Office, which was on it's way to being my #1 show of all-time but plummeted to my #2 comedy, behind Curb your Enthusiasm).  But my top five dramas are: Breaking Bad (#1 show, ever), Lost (last season was painful but the first few sucked me in), Prison Break (completely underrated), The Wire (crappy start, strong finish) and Dexter. 
 http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/022/c/2/dexter___season_1___banner_by_drainedwithconfusion-d4n8tks.jpg


Dexter stars Dexter Morgan, who is a blood-splatter analyst for the Miami Metro Police Department.  Since he was young, Dexter has had a strong urge to kill.  His policeman father taught him to harness it by following the "code"." He doesn't go around busting caps in random people, but goes after beyond guilty people who have slipped through the cracks of justice.  Because of this, Mary completely hates the show, while most people will view him as an anti hero. 

Most episodes will have him zone in on one person while the main storyline takes place.  There is a  frequent narration style to the show (don't know if that's a real term) and I find Dexter to be a pretty interesting character.  Some of the seasons can drag-on but overall, it's a pretty entertaining watch and on a lot of people's top five lists.  I confess that I haven't finished the last season but heard the series finale was a pile of steaming crap.  Fortunately, Breaking Bad's wasn't.

1 comment:

  1. I am one of the very few that actually thought the series finale was perfect. You just have to put some thought into it.

    ReplyDelete