Pages

Monday, November 9, 2015

October 12th-November 9th Training

Week 1 Post-Chicago:

Friday: 4.1 miles (8:45)

Week Total: 4.1 miles. A man needs his rest.


Week 2 Post-Chicago

Monday: 3.6 miles (8:46) and 30 minutes later 4.8 miles (8:00).  I felt like crap on this one.  I ran with a friend for the first half and once he left, actually slowed down quite a bit.

Week Total: 3.6 miles. No motivation, man.

Week 3 Post-Chicago
Wednesday: 1.7 miles (8:18)

Friday: 4.4 miles (7:58)

Saturday: 6 miles with 5k in 16:18. Really, really rusty the first mile considering my warm-up at just under 7:30 pace was the fastest I've run since the marathon.  But I loosened up throughout the race and I was happy to get the win.  I feel like I could have broken 16 if I pushed pretty hard but my goal was just to win.  I also dressed up as Batman and the long cape was a terrible idea.

Week Total: 12.1 miles. Still no motivation to run.  My right hamstring (the one I hurt earlier this year) has been really tight and achy.  Hopefully it doesn't turn into anything.  I also have some groin and hip flexor pain on that side, so I'm sure it's all related.


Week 4 Post-Chicago

Monday: 3.5 miles (8:15) and thirty minutes later, 5.5 miles (7:09)

Thursday: 6.1 miles (7:11)

Friday: 4.6 miles (8:29)

Saturday: 12.5 miles with 10 mile race in 55:54. Man, this one went from feeling easy at first to really rough by the end.  It's basically three miles out, a four mile loop and then three miles back.  It's a definite negative split course and I ran the first half with Brent Ferrell at 5:45ish pace.  At seven miles, I put in a big surge and was hoping to break him but he was always about 10s back.  I covered three miles in about 15:30, due to the long gradual downhills and with a mile to go, I was hurting.  I crawled up the final hill and ended up with the win by about 15s.  I tried to cooldown for a couple of miles but my legs were trashed.  This race was a really dumb idea.

Sunday: 8.8 miles with 6.5 miles at 6:06 pace.  The goal was to run 12 with Spencer, working from 6:30 to 6:00 but we got rolling too fast.  The pace was very easy aerobically at first but after four miles or so, I knew it was going to get tough soon.  I knew running 12 would kill me, so once we finished the first down-and-back on both sides, I called it a day.  I couldn't let the young kid get too cocky, so I told him it'd be better for him to run solo since you have to fight the marathon alone on your own. 1.2 miles (random running at cross country practice)

Week Total: 41.5 miles. Dude, I'm really out of shape.  My right hamstring is also still really tight and I probably need a really deep massage on it.  I'm hoping to get back to consistent jogging next week, but Fallout 4 will be coming in the mail any day now.  We will see.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you posting again. I suspect you are doing the right thing to put in the serious recovery time after your amazing marathon. It always feels like you are out of shape when you do that, but really you are just off the neuromuscular fitness that you had peaked out for the race. Your aerobic fitness is probably still very close to where it was (a marathon pr is one heck of an aerobic workout and the mitochondria really don't know whether you are racing or training.) Now is the time to play fallout 4 and eat healthy carbs until you really can't stand not training for one day longer.

    ReplyDelete