Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

May 25th-31st Training

Monday: 12 miles with BolderBoulder10k in 31:36. Really good race for me because I didn't think I'd break 32. I'll do a more extensive recap by the end of the week but went out conservative but was mostly stuck in no-mans land after the first half, as a huge pack was about 100m ahead of me and I was mostly alone, other than the guy who finished right behind me.  Balanced splits were: 5:04, 5:03, 5:14, 5:09, 4:54, 5:05, 67.  I was going to turn on the turbo jets the last .2 miles, but it's finished on a football field, with some hard plastic crap over the grass, which had water all over it.  Anytime I tried to pick it up, I'd start to slip.  That crap cost me 5-10 seconds.

Tuesday: 9.2 miles (6:52); 5.4 miles (7:04)

Wednesday: 10.7 miles with 8xstrides (6:23); 6.7 miles (6:14)

Thursday: 6.1 miles (7:34); 9.1 miles (6:54)

Friday: 12.6 miles with 20x400m. Since this was my first time doing this workout in a LONG time, I was hoping to hit around the 68 range.  Plan was a minute jog but it was really soupy outside and after the first 2-3, I was already spitting foam and really thirsty.  I then decided to take 3:00 rest after every fourth. I ended up with "mile" splits of 4:30, 4:29, 4:27, 4:28, 4:26 and total time of 22:22.  I felt sloppy after the first few but they never really got any worse, so I was happy with my recovery.  My legs got a little heavy on the last one, so it was good timing with the volume.  The football team was on the track almost the entire time and the coach would always yell at them if they got in lane one and even apologized to me a couple of times.  I'm finally eating my street track cred around here; 5.4 miles with 3xleg circuit(7:17)

Saturday: 8 miles (7:08); 3.4 miles (8:02)

Sunday: 9.4 miles (7:25). I was going to do a long run with a little fartlek at the end but my legs have been insanely tight/pretty sore since the leg circuit.  I skipped it for two weeks but thought I'd be ok with three sets...obviously not. I was thinking about running again but my legs were still really tight and achy and I felt like jogging at grandma pace for 45 minutes wasn't worth the risk of having something get yanked on too much.

Week Total:98 miles.  Really good race and solid workout.  Granted, I don't think I'll be in killer shape for the half, but I'm more fit than I thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment