Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

May 4th-10th Training

Monday: 6 miles (7:02); 8.3 miles (6:59)

Tuesday: 8 miles (6:23); 8 miles (7:04)

Wednesday: 4.6 miles (7:11); Skipped second run. Had a workout planned but the weather heated up ton this week and I was outside all day long.  The nap one.

Thursday: 7.3 miles with planned workout of 8x3:00 on/1:00 off. 4:00 am wakeup to beat the heat. Ran up and down Bison Way with hopes of averaging about 4:50-4:55.  I was on point but my legs started to shut down on the fifth and stopped midway through the 6th.  Whatever; 9.4 miles (7:00 pace)

Friday: 4.6 miles (7:10); Skipped second run. I forgot why but it was probably a good reason.

Saturday: 9.3 miles with 5k in 15:25.  First mile had a lot of climbing and I took my time to get moving to split in 4:56.  The second mile had some ups and downs, which made it tough to push hard and came through in 5:08.  On the third, I had a lot of downhill running and was running sub 4:40 on most of it until running up the pedestrian bridge, which stole my mojo and resulted in 4:46.  Pretty smooth effort but the hills were tough; 6.8 miles (7:11)

Sunday: 9.3 miles (7:38). I planned on a long run but my legs were shot from the get-go.  Just jogged.

Week Total: 81.6 miles.  Not a good week.  Bad workout and I had achy legs all week.  Went for an iron test on Friday because I'm having a lot of my low iron symptoms.  Hopefully next week is better.

1 comment:

  1. Ignorant question I could probably answer through a Google search but I want to hear your answer:

    Why does low iron become a problem? Can you not just eat foods with more iron in them? Or is the problem that you cannot retain the iron? How, specifically, does it affect your running? Just wondering because I've seen you talk about having problems with it before.

    ReplyDelete