Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

New Beginnings

I figure that with so many changes going on in my life, starting a blog is a good way to record my thoughts about things happening in life and is slightly less girly than keeping a diary. Any day now I will become a father. Having a family is something that I have always wanted. Raising a child is a huge responsibility that will come with much joy and frustration. Fortunately, I could not have asked for a better wife to help me with the task.

After a several month search, Mary and I finally found what we are glad to call our first home. We are also almost fully settled into our new place and once the nursery is complete, I'll post pictures of our new home, along with my thoughts and experiences on the home buying experience.

The third major recent change in my life is my running. Running was a huge part of my life in both high school and college. Late in my college career, I started having some health issues which pretty much killed my running. I would run very well for several weeks, then crash and burn for an even longer period of time. I quit out of frustration and am now nearly two years into my second "comeback" after nearly three years off. Who knew that taking a pill that costs a few cents a day would totally revive my running. In a little over a year, I went from running at the level of a decent high school runner to someone who is making a run at qualifying for the 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials.

I'm sure this blog will just turn into a bunch of rambling about a variety of topics but hopefully it will contain some important snapshots throughout my life that I can visit anytime I wish and will one day let my daughter know how dorky I truly was.

No comments:

Post a Comment