Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

February 1st-7th Training

Monday: 3.4 miles (7:14); 8.7 miles (7:26)

Tuesday: No running.  I forgot why.

Wednesday: 10.3 miles (6:36). I was hoping to do a hilly progression and work down to lower 5s for the last two downhill miles but my legs had nothing.  After six miles, I decided to just run easy because 6:20s felt tough.; 5.4 miles (7:18)

Thursday: 8.2 miles (6:47). Skipped second run because I got asked to work my school's STEM night, last minute.

Friday: 8.6 miles with 2x.30 up and downhill repeats. Used my typical off-season baby hill.  In the past, I've always started these at 1:30 and worked down.  I ran my first two in 1:36 and 1:34 and I was struggling.  I did better on the downhills and ran 1:22 and 1:20.  Man, I'm way out of shape. Skipped second run because I had my old school's talent show.

Saturday: 9.6 miles (6:52); .8 miles(7:39). Cut it because my left knee was really achy and I was still gimping after a 1/2 mile.  The pain also went into my butt and groin.

Sunday: No running. 20 miles on the agenda but didn't want to aggravate the knee.

Week Total: 55 miles. Goal was 95, so I'm taking a mulligan this week.  I need to start scraping my patellar tendon because there is a little ridge on it, as well as some tiny bumps, which I figure is scar tissue that needs to be broken up.  I've had issues with it for a long time and would scrape it almost daily, so I need to get back on that routine.

The goal is 95 miles again for this week with a couple of moderate workouts, a short little fartlek and maybe a long run. I was really frustrated with my hills because six seconds slower per hill is about 20 seconds a mile...and that's when I would do them in the off-season.  I'm also about eight pounds heavier than I was at Chicago, which is probably why I ran so slowly up but was able to run decently well on the way down!

I'm going for a blood test on Thursday and will also have my Olympic Trials predictions posted by then.  With the heat and Rupp, it's tough to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment