Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

July 27th-August 2nd Training

Monday: No running. I was going to run in the morning but I had a bad migraine, so I had to scratch it.  And since I'm in South Carolina and had plans to visit some friends for lunch and dinner, I didn't get in a run.  We did see Trainwreck, which was pretty funny.  However, I think Spy is a much funnier and better movie.

Tuesday: No running...again.  A stupid thing about my migraines is that if I get one on the right side of my head, I will usually get one on the left side of my head a day or two later.  The bad thing about the left side is that it is usually much more intense, which was the case today.  And the absolute worst part was that we had to drive back to Tennessee, so Mary drove the entire way back while I was moaning in the back with the occasional cookie tossing on the side of the road.  That puppy lasted over 16 hours.

Wednesday: 5.4 miles (7:36); 9.3 miles (6:54)

Thursday: 6.3 miles (7:21); 10.6 miles (6:29)

Friday: 7.1 miles with chumped out workout. Plan was 20x1:00 on/off.  My legs had a hard time opening up and after 1.30 miles, I called it a workout; Chumped out again with just 4.2 miles. I was going to try a track workout but my quads were so achy.

Saturday: 10.1 miles (6:33); Skipped second run. Went to bed at 6pm with another stupid migraine.  I've barely had any at all the past year, but have had three bad ones in under a week.

Sunday: 20.1 miles with 12 miles moderate Finally stopped being an idiot and started at 6am.  The plan was a warm-up, with 12 miles around my just under four mile loop, working from 5:50s to upper 5:20s.  Spencer joined me in the beginning and we ran our first loop in 22:14 and then Spencer's pacing assistance was over at five miles.  Finished up the next two loops in 21:44 and 21:47 and after just over a minute push, I finished at 5:33 average.  I felt pretty weak from the get-go, probably as a result from last night.  But the effort was really smooth through the first two loops, with the last three miles getting a little bit tough.  Not too bad of a session after a crappy week.

Week Total: 72.8 miles. I'm calling this one a mulligan.  Too many headaches and too many whiny moments.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes. A lot of things got in the way, huh? But the migraines is cause for concern. I think it would be best to consult with a doctor about that, especially if they tend to happen more frequently and for extended periods of time. Take care!

    Cynthia Bowers @ Bay Area TMJ & Sleep

    ReplyDelete