Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

July 13th-19th Training

Monday: 8 miles (7:15); 1 mile (9:00 and I don't even know why I'm counting this); 6.3 miles (6:57)

Tuesday: 8.7 miles with 4xhill blasts.  Got smoked by a 4:30+ miler on all of them(7:25); 6.3 miles (6:40)

Wednesday: 8.4 miles with axed workout.  Plan was 20x1:00 on/off, slowly working into it.  I was running easily but was rolling 4:30ish (plan was to average around 4:40 or so).  My patellar tendon was hurting from the get-go, especially when I started my recovery jog.  I didn't want to make it worse, so I stopped after eight. It probably was hurting so badly from trying to chase down the 17 year old kid on the hills; Skipped second run to be safe.

Thursday: 11 miles with 9.53 miles moderate at 5:38 average. Goal was to average 5:45 or so and keep it on the easy side of moderate.  Locked into that pace but unintentionally dipped down the last few miles.  Felt good and knee wasn't bad; 3.9 miles (8:43)

Friday: 9.6 miles (6:50); Skipped second run. Visiting my aunt and uncle in Rockford, IL, so I didn't have much time.

Saturday: 6.1 miles with 4xstrides (7:06)

Sunday: 11.8 miles with DNF at RnR Chicago. Wow, terrible day. I'll write a more extensive recap later this week, but my goal in the weather conditions was to break 67. Got in a 4:58 first mile and was in 10th or so.  Gradually worked my way up and put on the brakes a bit with 5:08, 5:04, 5:07 splits.  Started slowing down with a 10:26 next two miles and then it got butt ugly with a 5:22, 5:39, 5:47. I don't know what was up, my legs just revolted and I couldn't push, even though it felt easy. It was like the last four miles of the Garry Bjorklund  half but on steroids.  After about seven miles, my knee was getting really achy and I didn't want to jack it up while running close to 6:00 pace.  Pulled out a little before 10 miles. Bummer.

Week Total: 81.1 miles. Terrible volume and an even worse race.  I felt like I was having all the symptoms of low iron but I got results in today and it's fine.  I need some training adjustments, a mental kick in the butt and to get my head back on straight.  The work continues next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment