Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

March 23rd-29th Training

Monday: 8 miles (6:40); 5.5 miles (7:08)

Tuesday: 11.6 miles (7:38). Busy day, could only get in one run

Wednesday: 9.8 miles (6:33); 4.4 miles (7:40).  Legs super worn out the past two days.  I had a workout planned for Thursday, but will delay it a day.

Thursday: 10.1 miles (6:20)

Friday: 5.4 miles (7:17); 10.6 miles moderate hilly progression (5:45). Nothing too structured, just started a little faster than a normal run and worked into it. 5:57 pace at 5.3 miles, so I had a nice negative split. Lots of long grinders the first eight miles and then some nasty hills the last couple of miles.  1230 ft. of elevation gain, which is a lot for a sissy hill runner, like me. But overall, it felt pretty smooth and I was happy with the outcome.

Saturday: 6.9 miles (7:03); 3.4 miles (7:29)

Sunday: 20 miles (6:25). Legs felt good for the first 8-9 miles and hit halfway at 6:25 pace.  Then my hip flexors started aching, which only got worse.  I debated turning around a little bit early but knew if I did, I would't head out the door again and I felt running on really tired legs would be a good stimulus for the CMM in four weeks. Pretty worn out afterwards and not ashamed to admit I soaked in a hot bath afterward. There were no bubbles, though.

Week Total: 95.7 miles. Decent week, other than my legs feeling like crap the middle portion of it and then struggling on the long run.  I was a little frustrated that I was feeling so worn out.  But then I realized that I was an idiot and should feel like crap because I missed so much time and in three weeks, jumped into two 5ks, two long runs, a moderate progression, a moderate half-marathon, a shortish fartlek and another semi-moderate run.  In another couple of weeks, I should be feeling much better.

I'm off on Spring Break this next week, so I should be able to get in some extra sleep and get in some controlled quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment